Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring rituals













Happy Spring!

It was the eve of the Spring Equinox. When the day light equals that of the night. I took this photo of the moon just after dusk on the 20th. Earlier in the evening the planet Venus was also making a visual guest appearance. It is always fun for me to see. I am lucky for I have a friend who is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to astronomy and he gives me the updates about the sky from time to time. This one being a very special.

Lately we've been bringing the Spring indoors with a daily bouquet of fresh cut flowers.
People experience an energy shift amongest flowers. Our bodies become calm and our minds open to uplifting sensations. Flower power, that's what it is all about. Perhaps that is why the Spring season is so revitalizing.



My new Abbey Road design is exciting. It's the first time I've had the opportunity to showcase my antique
vegetable ivory buttons (circa early 1900). Filled with colors of a new Spring garden, this cap will surely brighten anyone's day.

Made from in boucle plaid wools from France. All are lined with silk and have lamb leather peaks. The edition is limited, each one is unique.





My quote for this day:
"We stand at a place, knowing there was a past, knowing there will be a future"

2 comments:

Dean W. Armstrong said...

It's usually not so clear here, but I saw the wonderful pairing too that evening: The Moon and Venus

Anonymous said...

Hi Gwendolyne,

Your hats look great. I'm looking foreward to spring as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quote for the day

"When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece."
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)
English art critic.